There is a rumor that President Trump is considering a VETO of this massive spending bill.
WE sure hope so…
Because sometimes you have to stand up for what is right.
We have a Bill that no one has fully read…
We see that something is wrong with the math.
In the dark hours of the night something wicked this way comes to the American Voters.
This is done is an election year…
This is no accident…
The GOP is betraying the people that elected them to office.
Basically the Democrats got everything they wanted.
The Republicans left out just about everything that the President really wanted.
Will the President Stand up for the American People?
Time will tell.
- The bill would blatantly disregard the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011 that requires Congress to adhere to budget caps – This bill goes above and beyond, busting the caps by nearly $300 billion over two years, more than twice that of the past two, two-year deals combined
- Because the bill would bust spending caps (again), it would likely return us to Obama-era trillion dollar yearly deficits, and grow the national debt by $1.5 trillion over the next decade
- It would suspend the debt limit through 2018 without spending cuts, essentially giving Treasury a blank check for borrowing
- The bill is another “kick the can down the road” budget deal that puts off the issue of real spending reform, and loses the trust of hard working Americans by endangering taxpayers
- Between the caps and off-budget spending in the overseas contingency operations fund, military spending for FY 2018 would exceed the amount the president requested for this fiscal year by nearly $100 billion, at a time when there are documented accounts of missing money and waste at the Pentagon
- One provision of the bill, buried deep in the text, would kill any hope of budget reconciliation, by requiring that absent Congress passing a budget resolution by April 15th, one would be deemed for FY 2019. A tool used to help pass historic tax reform, reconciliation is needed to keep Republicans’ campaign promises to repeal ObamaCare and reform welfare
- The bill threatens the chances of reforming agriculture policy in the upcoming Farm Bill
- The bill contains corporate welfare including tax giveaways to special interests like Puerto Rican rum distillers, “green energy,” motorsports, and Hollywood productions
- The bill would create yet another committee to deal with Congress’ fiscal dysfunction, that can be all but guaranteed to be dysfunctional in and of itself
- The deal would ultimately mean that while Republicans have the majority, they don’t have real control of Congress, and true fiscal conservatives are nearly extinct
This is just the tip of the iceberg there are hundreds of hidden poison pills here and no one has really found all the problems with this nightmare of a spending bill that would spend more money and waste much of it.
Not to mention this nasty Fix NICS that is so wrong for actually doing something about the problems we have as a nation. The NICS Fix, is a broken thing that only creates the temptation to add millions of names to the list of people who cannot have guns. . .
One state has already submitted a list of 500,000 names to the list and these are people who have parking tickets. . . They cant own a gun now… So all in all what does this do to actually fix the problem… All it does is create a money pit that will never fix the problem.
This is just wrong and a lot of people are ready to vote against the GOP in the 2018 election but they do not care.
The people that are running congress are not afraid of the voter.
They believe that they can survive and that the newest members of congress will get voted out.
They believe that they cannot be voted out because they are not up for election this year and they think that by the time 2020 rolls around the voter will just forget about this betrayal.
Veto or vote out that is the solution here and the people do not care which one it is.